COMPETITION FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS
FOR AWARD OF THE DIRECTOR OF THE MILITARY INSTITUTE OF ARMAMENT TECHNOLOGY
As part of the conference, a competition for young scientists below 35 years of age will be held, for the best individual or team paper delivered during the conference.
REGULATIONS OF THE COMPETITION
for young scientists, for the award of the director of the Military Institute of Armament Technology for the best paper delivered during the conference “THE ISSUES OF DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OF WEAPON SYSTEM”
The competition is conducted on the terms as specified in these Regulations, hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”.
A competition Participant may be the author/authors of a paper delivered during the conference related to the subject matter of the conference specified in Chapter III § 1, section 2, who at the moment of the paper submission is/are younger than 35 years.
If the publication is a collective work, only one of the authors may be over 35.
The competition is organized by the Organizational Committee of the International Scientific-Technical Conference Armament’ 2019 on “The issues of development, production and maintenance of weapon systems”, hereinafter referred to as the “Committee” based in the Military Institute of Armament Technology in Zielonka, ul. Prymasa Stefana Wyszyńskiego 7.
Subject matter of the Competition
- The subject matter of the Competition is to select the best paper related to the thematic scope of the conference, sent to the Committee as a conference publication.
- The subject matter of the Competition encompasses in particular the following issues:
- technical modernization of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland;
- systems of barrelled, missile weapons and munitions;
- detection, tracking and masking targets;
- fire-control systems;
- internal, external and final ballistics;
- modern high-energy materials;
- unmanned precision-guided munition objects;
- air armament;
- modelling organizational-technical-logistic processes;
- infrastructure safety and antiterrorist defence and protection;
- the role and place of the research and development sector in industrial defence potential.
- The award in the Competition is a commemorative statuette and diploma that the laureate will receive as their property.
- In the case of a collective work, the statuette is given to the Applicant, the other authors only receive diplomas.
- The founder of the award is the director of the Military Institute of Armament Technology.
Reporting works to the Competition
- A publication, in the form of a conference paper, may be reported to the Competition only by the Author.
- By reporting a paper to the Competition, according to the provisions of these Regulations, the participant of the Competition makes a statement about accepting the present Regulations and gives their consent to the Organizer to processing their personal data placed on the website of the International Scientific and Technical Conference Uzbrojenie’2019 in the interactive registration form.
- Only papers which have not been published previously and for which the Author has unlimited copyright may be reported to the Competition.
- The application shall be deemed correct if the online registration form available on the Conference’s website is filled in and the full text of the article is sent in electronic form via the website referred to above within the time limit posted on the Conference’s website.
- Papers submitted to the Competition are subject to evaluation by the Competition Commission (hereinafter referred to as the Commission).
- The Commission includes: chairman, secretary and members.
- The Chairman of the Commission is the Director of the Military Institute of Armament Technology, and the secretary is the Chairman of the Conference Organizational Committee.
- The other members of the Commission in the number of 3 persons are appointed by the chairman of the Commission from among members of the Scientific-Program Board of the Conference or other persons having qualifications related to the subject matter of the Competition.
- One of members of the Commission makes a review of the paper and makes the decision about admitting or not admitting the paper to further stages of the Competition for formal and substantive reasons.
- The Commission selects the laureate of the Competition from among the Authors whose papers have been given a positive review and presented during the conference.
- The Winner of the Competition is selected in a voting by ordinary majority of votes.
- The Commission may decide to withdraw from granting the award.
- The decision of the Commission is final, and no appeal is possible from their decision.
- The Competition conclusion and a formal presentation of the award takes place each time on the last day of the Conference, during a gala dinner.
- Results of the Competition will be announced to the public via the Conference’s website.
In the case when the Organizer and/or any member of the Commission receives information that the awarded work is a work of plagiarism and/or the law or provisions of the Regulations have been violated in any other manner, the Organizer or, under its decision, the Commission shall be entitled to either withhold presentation of the award until clarification of doubts, or refuse presentation of the award to the participant and present it to another participant of the Competition or to make the decision not to present the award at all, or, in the event of awards already presented, request their return. In this case, respective provisions of the Law of 23 April 1964 of the Civil Code (consolidated text J. L. of 2018, item1025, as amended) and the Law of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply (consolidated text J.L. of 2018, item 1191, as amended).
- The Organizer reserves that it shall not be liable for events preventing correct conduct of the Competition that could not have been foreseen, or which could not have been avoided, in particular unforeseeable events, including force majeure.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the provisions of these Regulations in case of changes in legal regulations or other events having impact on the organization of the Competition.
- The Competition is not subject to the provisions of the Law of 19 November 2009 on Gambling (consolidated text J. L. of 2018, item 165, as amended)